Topics

Five Rivers today and Vischer Ferry yesterday

scottjstoner

Denise and I have ventured out to two of our favorite places with binoculars and cameras, saying hellos from a distance to others we know and don't know. There is comfort and familiarity in nature, as species that are "old friends" arrive on their journeys.

today we had our first of year Eastern Phoebe at Five Rivers (Albany county) along with bluebirds, robins, wood ducks, song sparrows and more, to the backdrop of spring peepers and green frogs.

yesterday at Vischer Ferry (Saratoga county) we enjoyed the continuing presence of Ring-necked Ducks, Gadwall, American Wigeon, Hooded Merganser, and Northern Shoveler.

Please note that the building and restrooms at Five Rivers are closed, and all programs cancelled though the end of March.

Take care everyone, and best wishes as we all learn to adapt to the rapidly evolving "new normal."  -Scott Stoner, Loudonville