Niskayuna Bike Path today

neal.reilly

Hi all,
I walked the bike path from Niskayuna Lions park past the Ferry Drive bridge today from 12:20-2:00pm.
The area between Lions Park and the Ferry Drive Bridge was quiet with only a little open water in the middle of the river.
Past the Ferry Drive bridge the birds were more active including:

Sharp-shinned Hawk- a nice view of a perched adult bird just past the bridge
Bald Eagle- an adult perched near the river
Snow Buntings-50 or so in an active group in the farmers fields north of the Ferry Drive bridge
American Tree Sparrows-20 in a group
Common Raven- 1 bird flying over the bridge croaking and diving in the brisk winds

Good Birding,
Neal Reilly
Schenectady NY and Rochester NY

Craig Driggs

Yesterday around noon I found a group of at least 30 snow buntings in the same farm fields next to the bike path west of Ferry Rd. Sparrows were active also with song, white-throated and probably american tree sparrow.

Craig Driggs