From: "John Shea jdshea01@... [hmbirds]"
Date: 4/22/17 9:50 PM (GMT-04:00)
To: HMBirds Yahoogroups
Subject: [HMBirds] Black Creek Marsh - Least Bittern

The highlight of an evening walk at Black Creek Marsh was hearing the repeated "coo-coo-coo-coo" of a Least Bittern. As is usual with this species, I wasn't able to see the bird, but heard it well. I realize this is a couple of weeks early for this species. I may go back in the morning to see if it is still around.

I also saw an American Bittern flying over the marsh, and heard at least three Virginia Rails.

John Shea