Re: Owl Real Estate

aamapes@...

Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/list/hmbirds/?start=79
Question: Has the HMBC or any other organization looked into buying any of the fields that are for sale on Fitzpatrick Road in Ft. Edward? I wonder if we couldn't keep alot more short eared owls around if we could protect a couple fields & not have them mowed. What a delight that would be!
It would be great to protect SEOW habitat, but fields that are not mowed do not remain fields very long! Management would be needed to keep the area attractive to the owls.
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/hmbirds