Cattle Egrets

Louis J. Esch <lesch1@...>

I guess Joan saw the CATTLE EGRETs before Ray Perry did! He called me
about 8:10 AM, and I went over to see them at Collins Lake, arriving at
about 8:25. Ray had also called Carl George, and he showed up about 5
minutes after I got there. Both of those Collins Lake experts said that
they could not remember any record of CATTLE EGRETs having been seen there
before.

I stayed there after Ray and Carl left, and, at 9:32, after some
stretching, the four birds took off, flew along the north side of the
island toward the church, turned and returned along the north side of the
lake, and flew off toward the northeast.

Probably heading for your yard in Gansevoort, Barb!

- Lou Esch

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/hmbirds