Hudson Pointe

millerja@...

At Hudson Pointe's nature trail* yesterday (Easter), I THINK I heard a northern parula off in the distance.(In the new Bull's Birds of NYS, though, it says the earliest record for them is April 27 - ?) Also noted: a red-breasted nuthatch vigorously excavating a tree hole(nest site?),eastern phoebe,a small flock of golden-crowned kinglets; flock of goldfinches singing and whining.

(*Hudson Pointe is west of Northway Exit 18, at end of the housing development, follows a ridge overlooking the Hudson; run by Open Space Institute & So. Adk. Audubon.)

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/hmbirds