Re: Vischers Fery NHP Warblers

jhershey2

Adding to what Susan reported, as I was sitting on a log at Vischer Ferry listening to multiple bird songs, I kept thinking of William James' famous phrase "blooming, buzzing confusion". Looking at my notes and Merlin recordings I can report most of the same birds that Susan had.  I would add Northern Parula, Northern Waterthrush, and Canada Warbler; though I missed the Mourning and Nashville.  My favorite find was Yellow-bellied Flycatcher. When I play my recording back it is like Least Flycatcher but closer to "che-wink" than "che-bek".  My recorded graph looks like the Merlin YB graph as well.

John H.