Re: Great Blue Heron Foraging Question

kernscot

I have seen G-b Herons catching and swallowing field voles and mice.

Nancy

From: hmbirds@groups.io <hmbirds@groups.io> on behalf of scottjstoner via groups.io <ScottJStoner@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2021 3:04 PM
To: bdudek34 <bdudek2@...>; hmbirds@groups.io <hmbirds@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [hmbirds] Great Blue Heron Foraging Question

Bruce (et al.) ,  while I don't have specific observations to add on Great Blue Heron, Denise and I have seen Green Heron foraging for insects in a dry field at Five Rivers EEC. Years ago, I also observed egrets eating exhausted songbirds from a spring migration fallout inside Fort Jefferson on the Dry Tortugas! -Scott Stoner