Re: Songbird mystery disease

zach schwartz-weinstein

I haven’t seen reports that the disease has been detected in NY yet, but taking down your feeders for the summer at least seems like a good idea

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 6:45 PM Heidi <hocka1@...> wrote:
Not sure if this has been addressed here. What are local bird experts’ opinions on whether we should take down our feeders?
ASAP?
Permanently for this year?

I have a sunflower seed feeder and a Hummingbird feeder, both new in May to replace aging ones.

I scrub both weekly or more but don’t want to be spreading anything. Should they come down?

I heard several dead songbirds were found on Peebles last week. Any connection?

Thanks

Heidi Klinowski
Troy/Brunswick