HMBC Field Trip- Nine Corner Lake Atlasing, Sun., June 27th

trwdsd

Sunday, June 27

NINE CORNER LAKE
(Fulton County; morning)

Coordinator: Zach Schwartz-Weinstein zachsw@...

Join Zach Schwartz-Weinstein, NYS Breeding Bird Atlas Regional Coordinator for the Capital Region, for an atlasing walk at the 9 Corner Lake Trail. The trail and the lake are located in the Canada Lake CE block for the New York Breeding Bird Atlas , which has very little data at the moment. Help document breeding behaviors of nesting species, and get tips on atlasing and using eBird to enter data. Bring sturdy shoes, binoculars, and your smartphone with the eBird app installed. Be prepared for hiking through forest and wetland on the trails, and for biting insects. This walk will be slower than you may be used to as we will be watching the behaviors of individual birds. We may not get a long list of species, but we hope to witness some interesting breeding behaviors!

Meet at the parking area on 29A west of Landes Road at 7:30am.

Map:
https://hmbc.net/event-4376191?CalendarViewType=1&SelectedDate=6/21/2021