Sorry...Virginia rails continuing

Sue Rokos

Continuing, we saw two Virginia Rails in the water, and dipping and scurrying up and down the little pond path. We went up on bridge, and behind the beaver deceiver among the reeds we could see a parent, and then four little rails scurried one at a time across the side (a tiny bit of open land there) over into the other side. Sorta like little moving chocolate puffball cupcakes!
The beaver deceiver (which we learned about from the Saratoga Plan volunteer working at the other end) is in this picture, next to the bridge, the reeds beyond it was housing the rail clan.

Worth the raindrops!

Sue and Dennis Rokos
Duanesburg