Re: Nighthawk

Scott Varney

I observed 3 of them in Salem 2 evenings ago right over the village near the intersection of Rt 22 and West Broadway (feeding on insects above the US Post Office).  I also typically dont see them until Fall migration. I think you are on to something!

Scott Varney
Salem, NY

On Fri, May 21, 2021, 5:27 PM Jeffrey Schoonmaker <j.schoonmaker@...> wrote:
Something's going on with Common Nighthawks.  One just flew over my yard in Colonie!  I live near the intersection of Fuller Rd. and Central Ave.  One was reported earlier by a group member elsewhere.  Seems unusual.  I never expect them until August, but they must migrate in the Spring also, right?

Jeff