Re: VFNHP this morning

jhershey2

I too was at Vischer Ferry this morning but taking the western loop instead.  One highlight I should mention was seeing Julie's Hooded Merganser with a very regal-looking hairdo and 3 fledglings in tow - very fitting for Mother's Day.  I noticed the same dearth of passing-through migrant warblers but did hear many singing American Redstarts (FOY).  Finally I should mention that Gregg and Cathy's loop from the main entrance to Clute's Dry Dock is a walking route that is now possible because of the new bridge over the canal at the Clute's Dry Dock entrance.

John H.