Common Gallinule - Vischer Ferry

jhershey2

I made a brief stop at Vischer Ferry Preserve, main entrance this morning.  Walking on the main path after crossing the Whipple Bridge I heard a short call note in the reeds which is very similar to one I heard yesterday.  Then I eventually saw a Common Gallinule.  I posted 2 pics below of this bird.  After listening to the short, recorded "keep" note for Sora and the "keek" for Common Gallinule I believe that the Sora I reported yesterday (based on hearing the short note) is more likely the same Gallinule as today in the pics.  To make it even more interesting I heard a grunt call from a Virginia Rail just like yesterday morning in the same area.

John H.