Re: Vischer Ferry Arrivals / Black Crowned Night Heron

rob snell

I was also at Vischer Ferry with a group of 12, so we weren’t very stealthy. We did see many of what John reported with one big addition, an immature Black Crowned Night Heron landed at the top of a large tree near the bridge, then circled several times before moving deeper into the woods.

On Apr 29, 2021, at 11:22 AM, jhershey2 <hersheyj@...> wrote:

I walked the 3.5 mile western loop this morning at Vischer Ferry Preserve starting at the main entrance and got rained out after about 2 hours.  A lack of sun and light was a major problem for identifying birds but I managed to get 6 FOY species including: Spotted Sandpiper (2), Gray Catbird (3), Rose-breasted Grosbeak (3), Yellow Warbler (3), Black-throated Green Warbler (1), and Common Yellowthroat (2). Other noteworthy species include: Wood Duck, Pied-billed Grebe (1), Warbling Vireo (4) Barn Swallow, Tree Swallow, Northern Rough-winged Swallow, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Cedar Waxwing (7), Palm Warbler (1), Yellow-rumped Warbler, White-throated Sparrow.

John H.