Pittstown State Forest, Tomhannock

David DiSiena

This morning at Pittstown State forest I came across Black Throated Green, Black and White, Blackburninan and numerous Yellow rumped  warblers. Along the road I came across a flock of at least 16 Red Crossbills and numerous singing Blue Headed Vireos.

On my way home I passed the Tomhannock and from the north end as well as Ford rd (just south of the pump house) I found a few American Wigeon intermixed with a raft of 10 Horned grebes, a lone adult breeding Bonaparte’s Gull and 3 Red Necked Grebes.