Saratoga Lake Waterfowl

jhershey2

Ron H. and I had good luck at Saratoga Lake this morning. We had 6 Red-breasted Mergansers, 3 or more Long-tailed Ducks, 6(?) Red-necked Grebes, 3 or more Horned Grebes, 3 Common Loons.  The grebes were especially interesting with their colorful breeding plumage.  Our best viewing point was the intersection at Manning Cove Rd. but we also checked Riley's Cove, Silver Beach, and Brown's Beach.  We did find the Long-tailed Duck at Round Lake along with another Red-necked Grebe.  It seemed to be too cloudy to make i.d.'s on the swallows.

John H.