Re: Chukars

zach schwartz-weinstein

There was one running around the Lark street area in downtown Albany a couple of years ago.

In non-exotic news, I had 34 species before AM this morning at five rivers.  Highlights were a male
Rusty Blackbird at the Skeeter Bowl, a FOY Field Sparrow by the Vlomankill Pavilion, and a singing Brown Creeper (Larch Lane).  Yesterday morning I had 30 species there, but the highlight was the pair of North American River Otters (see photo.)

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 11:07 AM Lindsey Duval <lindsey.duval@...> wrote:
Some of the Chukars out running around Saratoga and Washington Counties are escape artists who belong to farmers (except one who farmer who, according to his neighbor, just forgets to close a hatch, repeatedly).

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021, 10:34 AM Robert S Pastel <rspastel@...> wrote:
I note the conversation regarding pheasants as stocked game birds.  Are chukars also stocked in NYS as game birds?

Robert S. Pastel