Re: fort Edward, yesterday 3-22 -addendum

scottjstoner

one of the last birds we saw flying past on on the grasslands turned out to be a great blue heron! Perhaps a signal to the owls that it's time to head north!

-------- Original message --------
From: "scottjstoner via groups.io" <ScottJStoner@...>
Date: 3/23/21 16:23 (GMT-05:00)
To: hmbirds@groups.io
Subject: [hmbirds] fort Edward, yesterday 3-22

apologies for the delay (email on phone just got fixed...). yesterday afternoon Denise and I birded the Washington County grasslands, finding several each of rough-legged, red-tailed, northern harrier, and Am. kestrel. Killdeer were courting, and about a half dozen short-eared owls were still present. -Scott Stoner, Loudonville NY