This week's destination: 3/18 - NOTE WINTER START TIME

Naomi Lloyd

Hey Thursday birders! Of course all the excitement is in Saratoga Co right now with a plethora of notable geese, but I'll leave you to do that wild Bean-goose chase on your own.
The Champlain Canalway trail is a bike/hike path running from Waterford to south of Mechanicville. It follows the old canal into ponded and marshy areas that should be opening up now, with scrubby to wooded habitat. Let's meet at the parking area off Brookwood Ave - cross the RR tracks and take the first driveway on the left leading to the Halfmoon water treatment plant. Pull into the parking lot on the right before the plant.

See you at 9:00am - looks like we can get some birding in before the afternoon drizzle starts. And happy goosing!

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//42.8370028,-73.6758853/@42.8370701,-73.6756478,391m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e0?hl=en&authuser=0

(no, I don't know why the dropped point says Waterford-Halfmoon Free School District!)

Naomi