Re: American Wigeon - Peebles (Confluence Point)

Cynthia Edwardson

Thanks to Lindsey's tip when we saw her at Lock 2 (wood ducks, pintails, and green-winged teals there) Chris and I saw 2 American Wigeon at Confluence Point. Scope was needed.
Cindy and Chris Edwardson

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021, 6:21 PM Lindsey Duval <lindsey.duval@...> wrote:
At about 1 pm today I wandered Waterford Harbor and Confluence Point on Peebles Island in the midst of touring Cohoes area and then the Hudson for waterfowl and was rewarded with just one American Wigeon drake. I wondered if maybe I was just seeing things in the harsh sunlight, but it gave a loud, wheezy "whi-whew" call.

Not a lot else of note, although a drake Bufflehead showed up in the dwindling waterfowl at Stillwater Blockhouse Park yesterday, and I found one of the annual white-on-orange neck collared Canada Geese on the bank.

Lindsey D.