American Wigeon - Peebles (Confluence Point)

Lindsey Duval <lindsey.duval@...>

At about 1 pm today I wandered Waterford Harbor and Confluence Point on Peebles Island in the midst of touring Cohoes area and then the Hudson for waterfowl and was rewarded with just one American Wigeon drake. I wondered if maybe I was just seeing things in the harsh sunlight, but it gave a loud, wheezy "whi-whew" call.

Not a lot else of note, although a drake Bufflehead showed up in the dwindling waterfowl at Stillwater Blockhouse Park yesterday, and I found one of the annual white-on-orange neck collared Canada Geese on the bank.

Lindsey D.