Redpolls & Redheads

John Kent

Common Redpolls seem to be becoming more abundant in Albany County. Since yesterday, I have seen flocks of them in several places where I had never seen them before, including Henry  Hudson Park, Coeymans Landing, and Crescent Power Plant. This morning, I did the Green Island-Cohoes circuit and saw Redheads at two locations -- Cohoes Elks Club and Crescent Power Plant. There may have been more than one at Crescent, but sun glare made viewing difficult. There was also at least one Hooded Merganser there. Common Goldeneyes and Common Mergansers both lived up to their names. I had no luck finding flocks of gulls -- I saw about seven total. I did check Green Mountain Drive and only saw a couple gulls flying away from there.

John Kent
Selkirk