red crossbills Albany Pine Bush today

scottjstoner

today, mid-afternoon, Denise and I encountered a flock of about 10 red crossbills along the red trail, about 0.1 miles west of the Blueberry Hill West trailhead (#5; searchable on google maps). They were quite vocal but difficult to see, and flew farther west before we had a chance to photograph or record audio. They, or others, later appeared well south of that part of the trail, affording another only distant flight view. We also had a yellow-bellied sapsucker.

This morning I had a sapsucker, mockingbird, and pileated all in the woodlot at Five Rivers.

- Scott Stoner, Loudonville