From: hmbirds@groups.io <hmbirds@groups.io> on behalf of ConserveBirds <conservebirds@...>
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2021 10:41 AM
To: 'Lindsey Duval' <lindsey.duval@...>; 'zach schwartz-weinstein' <zachsw@...>
Cc: 'Jeffrey Schoonmaker' <j.schoonmaker@...>; 'HMBirds' <hmbirds@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [hmbirds] Pheasant

Southern Adirondack Audubon protested the release of pheasants in this area when we heard of the plan.  Somehow releasing an alien introduced species for hunting in an area purchased and supposedly protected for an endangered native species seemed very counter productive.  DEC’s reasoning was that they had to keep the hunters happy and they wouldn’t make it through the winter.  However, pheasants are commonly seen now in Spring and Summer, long before the next group is released in the fall. So….?

Mona Bearor

Now in Stuart’s Draft Hwy, Staunton, VA