Leucistic Cardinal & YB Sapsucker in Troy

Heidi

On Sunday morning I had a male leucistic Cardinal at my sunflower feeder. He had a red crest but pure white head and no black. His body was a blotchy combination of red with white patches.
I spent the rest of the day in the sunroom with my camera in hopes he would return. I also set up my TrailCam (w motion sensor) on a tripod aimed at the entire feeding area but no luck so far.
I will of course post any photo I might get.

Also I’ve had an immature Yellow -bellied Sapsucker working on the large spruce tree at the back of our property, for the past 4 days and the pair of Carolina Wrens continue daily visits.

Heidi Klinowski
Troy
(behind St Mary’s Cemetery & RPI)