White Red-tails

Richard Guthrie

I saw yet another report of an all-white Red-tailed Hawk. This one in Ulster County - away from where one that had been previously reported.

So. Are all-white Red-tails increasing in number and distribution?

Seems so to me.

Do you know of the location of one? Without giving specific location, can you provide a general idea where it is/was?

I know for example that there were the following:
Millbrook, Dutchess County - nesting female which was around for about 15 years, at least; not recent
Stone Ridge, Ulster County - another nesting female around for maybe 20 years; no recent reports;
New Paltz, Ulster County - recent
Near Columbia County Airport - Ghent, Recent but no reports in the last few years;
Near Hoosick, Rensselaer County; few sightings from about 10 years ago

Did I miss any?

Current ones?

Rich Guthrie
New Baltimore