Re: Baird's Sandpiper, Cohoes

gregg_recer

Cathy Graichen and I were at cohoes flats from about 11:30 - 1:00. We had a good candidate for the bairds sand. when we first arrived -- broad, complete buffy breastband, and fairly pale-buffy overall, no streaking below, on the large-ish size compared to nearby Calidris. Couldn't study for a long time as a merlin chased the entire group of 2-dozen or so peeps down river south of peebles island, eventually landing but out of view. As birds eventually trickled back to the main channel closer to the dam, all were semis and least, and unlike the bird we saw early on, but that bird did not reappear while we were there.

--
gregg recer
malta NY