Quiet in the Grasslands

Naomi Lloyd

After being thrilled by the Prothonotary Warbler this morning, I headed up to the Fort Edward grasslands, wanting to check the locations where Clay-colored Sparrow, Sedge Wren and Upland Sandpipers had been seen in previous years. Struck out on all three, though it was quite breezy and the sounds may just have blown past my ears.
I did get to watch a pair of Northern Harriers hunt over the fields at the Washington County Grasslands trail (next to Fitzpatrick Rd).
On my way home I checked some muddy spots along the Hudson for shorebirds and found a Black-bellied Plover by Lock 2.

Good birding!

Naomi Lloyd