Deer Mountain Nature Trail

Scott Varney

My sister and I followed up on a recent post about this nature trail in Coeymans.
The birding was terrific!  I went for the sole purpose of getting audio clips and/or photographs of the Worm-eating Warbler. Audio recordings were readily available on both sides of the West trail along the very steep hillsides. However, these were probably the most difficult to photograph...extremely well-camoflaged and clearly not fans of humans. I eeked out a couple of ID-able photos, but they won't make my Facebook page!

Also, for anyone contemplating a visit, wear tall, waterproof boots. The majority of the West trail was a mudpit and the boardwalks ALL need to be replaced...they are in scary disrepair and horribly unsafe.

....but the birding was fantastic!

Happy Day,

Scott Varney
Salem NY