Rotterdam yard migrants

John Shea

Our yard in Rotterdam, usually only host to common backyard birds, has become a migrant hotspot over the past week. The yard is relatively small, but we do have several large maple trees, with one in particular seeming to be the main draw. The highlight has probably been at least 4 Cape May Warblers, often visible at the same time in the same tree. Other warblers seen here throughout the week include Black-throated Green, Black-throated Blue, Yellow-rumped, Yellow, Northern Parula, Chestnut-sided, and Tennessee. Other notable birds include Baltimore Orioles, Great-crested Flycatcher, Scarlet Tanager, and Red-eyed Vireo.

John Shea
Rotterdam, NY