Backyard Bird Bonanza in Troy

Heidi

Spring finally arrived in my Sycaway yard today (May 13th) with a smorgasbord of colorful birds.
I’ve had a nesting pair of E. BLUEBIRDS for a couple of weeks and ORIOLES started arriving on May 4th. They have stuck around and must have invited family because today I had 4 males and 2 females, here all day at the grape jelly and oranges.
Today I also had 4 male ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAKS and 2 or 3 females.
My FOS HUMMINGBIRD (a male) arrived at 6:24am and returned repeatedly.
A surprise visitor was the INDIGO BUNTING, only the 3rd sighting here in 42 years of feeding & attracting birds.
The Bird of the Day, however, was a BLACK-THROATED BLUE WARBLER who decided to take a bath, giving me the chance for a photo. I had heard him a few days ago but today was my first sighting and what a nice one it was. He becomes #95 on my Yard Bird List.
I didn’t get a speck of work done but what a glorious day I had!

Heidi Norton Klinowski
Sycaway/Troy