Vischer Ferry Ducks

jhershey2

I walked around the ponds at Vischer Ferry Preserve this afternoon.  The overall number of ducks there has dwindled quite a bit from a few weeks ago, but there are still a pretty good variety of species.  I counted 3 Northern Shovelers, 6 Blue-winged Teal, 6 American Wigeon, 5 Wood Ducks, 2 Ring-necked Ducks, 1 Hooded Merganser, and 1 Pied-billed Grebe. The main entrance parking lot was pretty full but it's possible to walk the trails without passing many people at all.  The migrant songbirds should be arriving in big numbers soon.

John H.