Atlas reminder

zach schwartz-weinstein

A reminder for folks participating in the Breeding Bird Atlas.  Many of our local hotspots, like black creek marsh and vischer ferry, are spread across two or more atlas blocks.  If you’re atlasing from a location like that make sure you’re starting your checklist in the atlas block where you actually are, then start a new checklist when you enter a new block - don’t just assume you can select the default hotspot location, or you may be submitting a checklist in the wrong block.  The mobile apps now show atlas blocks on their maps if you’re using the atlas portal, which makes knowing which block you’re in and where the boundaries are much easier, but it’s still on us to know which block we are in and to remember to start a new checklist if/when we enter a different block.