Re: Question about Wilson's Snipe

scottjstoner

Mona, agree with the early morning, but have also had them early evening, when out looking for woodcock flights

-------- Original message --------
From: Alan Mapes <alanmapes@...>
Date: 3/30/20 11:38 (GMT-05:00)
To: ConserveBirds <conservebirds@...>
Cc: HMBirds <hmbirds@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [hmbirds] Question about Wilson's Snipe

Hi Mona - I remember having them doing their flights at Black Creek Marsh in the early to mid-morning.

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 11:10 AM ConserveBirds <conservebirds@...> wrote:

I have several areas in my BBA blocks that look like good habitat for snipe.  Does anyone have any idea what time of day they start displaying?  I would assume after sunset like woodcock, but…?  I have seen them feeding during the day but have never seen courtship displays.

Mona Bearor

South Glens Falls