Re: Question about Wilson's Snipe

Lindsey Duval

The best chance of getting them displaying is very early in the morning around or before sunrise, or just after sunset (I've helped grad students with snipe surveys and found myself standing in cold swamps and marshes just before sunset and up to almost two hours after and that's when they became most active for displaying purposes).

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020, 11:10 AM ConserveBirds <conservebirds@...> wrote:

I have several areas in my BBA blocks that look like good habitat for snipe.  Does anyone have any idea what time of day they start displaying?  I would assume after sunset like woodcock, but…?  I have seen them feeding during the day but have never seen courtship displays.

Mona Bearor

South Glens Falls