Pintails, iceland Gull eBird Report - Mohawk River between Crescent Bridge and Klamsteam Tavern, Mar 4, 2020

Ronald Harrower

Mohawk River between Crescent Bridge and Klamsteam Tavern, Saratoga, New York, US
Mar 4, 2020 2:05 PM - 2:25 PM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
Checklist Comments: There was still a strip of ice just West of the Crescent Bridge which had a lot of gulls sitting on it. Mostly Ring-necked Gulls with a couple of Herring Gulls and a very light gull which was clearer in binocular sight than camera sight. I will say Iceland. There were a a couple of others I though might be Iceland juveniles.
Oddly, the most excitement for me were three Pintails, 2 drakes and a hen beyond the Ice strip.
Farther up were 5 bright drake Wood Ducks. a bit of drama ensued when one took exception to another and chased him off, even biting him!

cv0
}|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||{ i
13 species

Canada Goose 34
Wood Duck 5
Mallard 17
American Black Duck 9 packed together in lagoon near Klamsteam Tavern
Northern Pintail 3
Common Merganser 25
Ring-billed Gull 56
Herring Gull 5