Adult Golden Eagle, Battenville, NY, 7:14 AM today.

Scott Varney

While driving to work this morning, an adult Golden Eagle soared above Route 29 in Battenville, within close proximity of the Battenkill River. I stopped my car and the eagle was soaring in a tight circle directly above my car. I looked for a nearby deer carcass but was unable to find one. I'll take a better gander on my way home. Golden nape and head were clearly seen and were very well contrasted with the very dark body color. No banding on the tail.  Amazing views...my best observation of this species!

Scott Varney
Salem, NY