Beautiful Rough-legged Hawk. eBird Report - Westline Rd. & Western Ave., Charlton, Jan 21, 2020

Ronald Harrower

Westline Rd. & Western Ave., Charlton, Saratoga, New York, US
Jan 21, 2020 12:05 PM - 12:35 PM
Protocol: Traveling
4.0 mile(s)
Checklist Comments: Wally and I drove down from the end of Western Avenue in Charlton. After a brief frenetic pace on nearby rte 67, it was very peaceful, and we could stop and observe birds without fear of getting run over or having irate pick-up truck drivers letting us know where birders stood in their world view! The highlight was definitely the Rough-legged Hawk just West of DeGraff Rd. (I am including the birds seen on a brief jaunt up DeGraff) Nice variety of Sparrows in one little flock by the side of the road. Again, only one vehicle went by while we were watching them, so it was a good chance to really see what was there.
13 species

Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) 2
Rough-legged Hawk 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1