Northumberland Field Birds

jhershey2

Field birds were putting on a show yesterday in Northumberland mostly at the Welcome Stock Dairy Farm on River Rd. a little north of the intersection with Rt. 32.  Ron H. and I saw about 300 each of Horned Larks and Snow Buntings there yesterday along with 1 or 2 Lapland Longspurs.  They were on both sides of the road and sometimes flew by us as we were standing along the road.  I went back this morning and found maybe half as many as we saw yesterday at the same farm.  I usually can spot the Lapland Longspurs in a photo because of the dark frame on their cheek.  I posted 4 pics mostly for i.d. purposes from yesterday and today in the photo section of this group.  Click the right arrow to see each of them.  https://groups.io/g/hmbirds/photo/76888/0?p=Created,,,20,2,0,0

John H.