Iceland Gull. eBird Report - Crescent Park, Dec 31, 2019

Ronald Harrower

Crescent Park, Saratoga, New York, US
Dec 31, 2019 12:42 PM - 12:56 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
Checklist Comments: I drove down the river from Klamsteam Tavern to the Crescent Bridge. The shallow water was frozen. A small group of Common Mergs were near the little marina about halfway down. The next birds I saw were a bunch of Great Black-backed Gulls floating down the river, some riding little ice chunks like royalty. Therein group of gulls were near the Crescent Park proper. The "highlight" was an Iceland Gull. There was a mix of Black-backed, Herring and Ring-billed hanging out on the edge of the ice, taking off once when I first got out of the car, but they settled down.
7 species (+1 other taxa)

Common Merganser 9
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) 7
Mourning Dove 2
Ring-billed Gull 25
Herring Gull 19
Iceland Gull 1
Great Black-backed Gull 29
gull sp. 14 I have difficulty figuring out years and plumages of gulls.

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S62826251