Re: Christmas Bird Count Online Map

Tristan Lowery

I haven't used the Count Circle app but if you're cheap (as I am), you can just look up count circle center coordinates at the Audubon CBC map and then punch them into a circle-generating site like this one: https://www.fcc.gov/media/radio/circleplot. Then download the resulting KML file, which can then be opened in applications like Google My Maps and saved for mobile viewing in the field on Google Maps.

Tristan Lowery
Albany

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 7:26 PM Naomi Lloyd via Groups.Io <naomi_kestrel=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
If you want to maximise your participation in CBCs, NYSOA does a list of all the NY state counts every year. If you like travelling, it was possible to do 11 this year!

https://nybirds.org/ProjCBC.htm

Naomi Lloyd
a slacker with only 6 this year.

On Tuesday, December 31, 2019, 6:18:45 PM EST, Cassandra Davis <daviscass33@...> wrote:

Hi All,

At one of the previous CBC compilations, there was interest in seeing a map of all the CBC areas in NY. I was curious too and I found an interactive map of all the active Christmas Bird Count Circles.

Link: https://arcg.is/1LjG44

Best,
Cassie