From: hmbirds@groups.io <hmbirds@groups.io> on behalf of John Loz via Groups.Io <stellersjayjohn@...>
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2019 5:04 PM
To: HMBirds <hmbirds@groups.io>
Cc: hmbirds@groups.io <hmbirds@groups.io>
Subject: [hmbirds] Posting for ID help - MIssissippi Kite?

Hello HMBird Friends,

I'm posting a picture of a bird with this email, that was sent to me by a fellow HMBirds follower and rehabber. She said she has not been able to post pictures using her HMBirds account, so hoping that I can for her here!

She shared with me a picture from a friend of hers of a white-ish bird seen in the vicinity of Farm-to-Market Road and Smith Road within the last day. She and a couple other birders thought that it could be a Mississippi Kite, but would like some help with ID and if anyone went out to that road intersection to look for it, confirm that it is still there.

Also, a note about birds that find their way into our area from one of our known rehabbers. If you do see a bird that does look unhealthy or is in trouble, especially a bird that might be way out of it's regular range, please don't hesitate to call a rehabber to come out and assess the situation. Our local rehabbers want to help a bird that needs assistance and release it back into the wild in the appropriate habitat of course!

Thanks everyone!
John Loz