This week's destination: 12/19

Naomi Lloyd

This week's destination: Saratoga Christmas Bird Count. If you're participating, a big thank you! If you're not and you want to, contact Jean Holcomb at jeanh46@... Otherwise, see you next week!

Naomi

On Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 3:25:53 PM EDT, Naomi Lloyd via Groups.Io <naomi_kestrel@...> wrote:

Hello birders - and welcome to the new additions to the list!

I was pretty certain last week that I wanted to take our annual trip to Ames, Montgomery County, for Upland Sandpipers. But hey, they've been seen closer to home in Washington County! So let's meet at the Saratoga battlefield parking lot at 8:00am (google maps below) and head up to Dowmont Rd and the Grasslands trail. There have also been reports of Acadian Flycatcher on the Surrender March trail just south of Schuylerville, so we could make a stop there on the way back if we have time.

Fingers crossed the drizzle will be over by then. The Grasslands trail is usually mowed short but take tick precautions just in case. Here's hoping last year's Clay-colored Sparrow and Sedge wren have returned (no reports yet of either).

Naomi