Salem, NY Migrants

Scott Varney

It seems that the migrants are finally passing through Salem NY. Today, I observed a small group of Black-throated Green Warblers in my back yard along with a Common Yellowthroat pair. I also have an on-site pair of Common Ravens hanging out in my back woods and they are making some crazy weird noises...one call almost sounded like a 2-syllable dialect of the word "Hello", so naturally, I returned the greeting!  (Does this mean I'm getting OLD?)  A single Broad-winged Hawk has returned this Fall as well as a group of tree-roosting juvenile Wild Turkeys!

Gotta love the Fall season!

Scott Varney
Salem NY