Re: Which Redpoll in Clifton Park?

zach schwartz-weinstein

This appears to be a juvenile Eastern bluebird.  The bill is thin and dark, both of which aren’t right for any redpoll.  Either redpoll would be rare in September.  I think Merlin is having trouble due to the pixelation of your photograph.

On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 2:50 PM James Elbrecht <elbrecht@...> wrote:
Was at the Grand-daughter's softball game this morning at the Miss
Shen fields in Clifton Park.

This guy landed right behind us- and Merlin ID's it from the photo as
a Hoary Redpoll.       I'd lean towards 'Common', but welcome opinions
if this photo is any help.       It was hanging around most of the
morning 'tjweet'-ing

I'm pleased with either-

Thanks,
Jim