West Charlton warblers, etc.

lnmp

Although my yard has been relatively quiet lately, there are noisy families of Tufted Titmice around, and by following them, I’ve found a couple of warblers and other birds.

Sunday morning the highlights were a gorgeous male American Redstart and a Cape May Warbler, plus one confusing fall warbler that I didn’t see long enough for an ID.  In the evening, I spotted two Black-Throated Green Warblers, a Black and White and a Magnolia Warbler.  I also saw an immature male Rose-Breasted Grosbeak, the first grosbeak I’ve seen in weeks; they visit my feeders in large numbers in the spring, then seem to disappear.  This one was in the tree next to the feeders, but didn’t even stop by for a snack.

In addition to the family of Tufted Titmice, I’m still seeing Chipping Sparrows and cardinals with young.  One of the immature cardinals looks like someone splashed red-orange paint on him.  Ruby-Throated Hummingbirds are still here.

Ellen P.

West Charlton