Breeding Bird Atlas Workshop - Sunday Aug 18 in Newcomb

Julie Hart

The third breeding bird atlas for NY starts in just a few months! The atlas officially launches Jan 1st, 2020, and it looks like this will be a good winter for breeding crossbills! If you want a jump start on how to participate, I am holding a training workshop this weekend at the Adirondack Interpretive Center in Newcomb. The workshop will be on Sunday morning Aug 18 from 9 am to noon. I will cover some of the nuts and bolts of atlasing, how this atlas is different from past atlases, how to apply breeding codes, and how to use eBird web and mobile.

If you are interested, please contact me at this email or nybba3@.... I ask that everyone comes with an eBird account, a laptop or mobile device (whichever you plan to use for the atlas), and binoculars. If you bring a mobile device, please install the eBird app and make sure you can log in.

Don't worry if you can't make this workshop; there will be others across the state. All atlas events are posted on our website (https://ebird.org/atlasny/about/events) and Facebook page (@nybba3).

Happy birding,
Julie

--

Julie Hart

New York Breeding Bird Atlas III, Project Coordinator

SUNY ESF | New York Natural Heritage Program

(518) 402-8965

NY BBA III Website | FaceBook | Instagram