Seven Great Egrets

Lindsey Duval

Just now I wandered the Wilbur Rd Towpath that runs along the canal in Stillwater and meets up with the Saratoga National Historical Park and found SEVEN Great Egrets having brunch in the canal! They were wolfing down plenty of fish or frogs. They were in the section where the trail turns back to grass after all the new packed gravel. Should still be there as I watched and then turned around and walked back out so as to not disturb.

Also worth wandering around in there as I recently had BB Cuckoos (not today) and today was visited by a Blue-winged Warbler.

Lindsey D.