House Wren Exceeding Expectations

Alan

House Wrens usually nest in our yard every year and are regularly heard.

The other day I was working in the yard and I was very puzzled, I heard the wren but his song ended with a very clear, distinct, and lovely "sweet, sweet, sweet." This was repeated numerous times. I got my binoculars and watched him, just to be sure I was hearing him. I was.

Later in the day he returned to his normal "song."

Then late yesterday afternoon his was back to ending with "sweet, sweet, sweet," even uttering a couple of "sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet" without any of his typical call.

Perhaps this is common, but it was new to me.

Clear skies, Alan